Reading List – 1/4/13
January 4, 2013 § Leave a Comment
Some good stuff from around the web. Happy 2013, and happy reading!
- Sasha Debevec-McKenney writing on the upside of divorce.
- A poem by Erin M. Bertram over at Lambda Literary Review.
- This beautiful lyric essay on truth and poetry (among other things) by Danniel Schoonebeek for The American Reader.
- In Next Magazine, my piece on Aaron Smith’s new book Appetite, as well as my Top 10 Gay Books of 2012.
- Floating Wolf Quarterly’s two most recent digital chapbooks: Rebecca Hazelton’s Tender Trapper and Dorothea Lasky’s Thing.
- Four terrific epigrams by James Yeh on Wonder’s tumblr.
- John Deming’s interview with D.A. Powell at Coldfront.
- I was very excited to have a poem up at The Awl just before Christmas. Its dependably strong Poetry Section, edited by Mark Bibbins, has also featured poems by two other NYU MFA students in recent months: an excerpt from Mike Lala’s Portraits of the Artists as Their Own Subjects and “Matanuska” by Christine Larusso.
- Finally, please watch this new PacoVolume music video for his song “Olaf & Paul.” Written/directed by Jack Antoine Charlot and co-starring Adrien Brody, it’s tender, funny and tragic. Also, Adrien Brody and PacoVolume make out.