April 22, 2012 § Leave a Comment
I covered the 2012 Triangle Awards for Lambda Literary Review.
In the spring of 2010, my first assignment as an intern for the site was a recap of that year’s ceremony, so it was a thrill to come full-circle (only with fewer nerves and better writing). Frances Goldin is truly an inspiring individual, and I have such a fan-crush on Alison Bechdel–I can’t wait until Are You My Mother? comes out. It really was a wonderful evening; thanks to the Publishing Triangle for their perennial hard work!
(Band of Thebes also wrote about the event, and captured a terrific photo of Goldin with her legendary “I Adore my Lesbian Daughters” sign.)
April 15, 2012 § Leave a Comment
- Michael Klein’s essay on his friendship with Adrienne Rich, over at Ploughshares.
- “The Amethyst,” an amazing new poem by Dorothea Lasky at jdbrecords.
- Pitchfork‘s Lindsay Zoladz on Fiona Apple and oversharing #confessionalrealness
- “Bloodletting” by Alex Dimitrov, from The Yale Review.
- “remember” by Sophia Le Fraga, at A Clean, Well-Lighted Place.
- Two poems by Shane Michael Manieri in the Poetry Spotlight at Lambda Literary Review.
- Out.com’s oral history of queer punk.
- Michael Stipe interviewing Mike Hadreas of Perfume Genius for East Village Boys (Pts. 1 & 2).
- My latest Outwords column for Next Magazine, on the Divining Divas anthology: “Bowing Down and Queening Out.”
- So you can’t read them yourself, but you can listen to Lonely Christopher read some poems from his newest book, Crush Dream at A Voice Box. They’re awesome.